The area of Alborache must have been already populated in Roman times, given the discovery of tombstones and other materials. In the Muslim era it was a farmland organised around a turret (al-buraīĝ) of which there are no remains. King Jaime I granted it to Rodrigo de Linaza who, at the service of the king, conquered it in 1245. The place remained populated mainly by Muslims (then necessarily converted into “Moros” until their final expulsion in 1611, which reduced the population by half. To counteract the demographic setback, the Count of Buñol granted a letter of “Carta Puebla”.In the Madoz Dictionary (1845-1850) the following description appears, with interesting information about Alborache and its term in the 19th century
“On the top of a small circle of ravines on the sides of S. and N., with other heights that dominate it, without preventing the free course of the air because it is located quite a distance from them; it enjoys a good CLIMATE and a healthy temperatures […] it has enough and abundant waters from the three sources that are born there”
What to do in Alborache:
• Visit the famous Market of provincial interest that is held every Sunday in Alborache.
• Hiking.- Route from Molino Galán to Molino La Luz along the river through leafy malls.
• Hiking.- Karst formations of: Charco Azul, Cueva del Turche, Valle Feliz, Charco Mañán and Cueva de las Palomas.
• Excursions (30 minutes) Requena. Plaza de La Villa, wine museum, Molino de Esther (grinding machinery in use) -visit to be arranged previously- Gothic churches of San Salvador and Santa María. Gothic houses in the Villa. Gastronomy, meat specialities.
• Excursions (30 minutes) Sierra Martés 1000 m. Arrive by car to the foot of the mountains and hiking to the top. Remains Iberian settlement Pico de los Ajos. Venta Gaeta buys high quality lamb meat for roasting at night in El Molino.
• Forata Reservoir. Picnic zone. Near the GR-7 international trail.
• Excursions (50 minutes) Valle Ayora. Cofrentes and Jalance castles. Visit of Don Juan Caves (to be arranged previously). Free visit of the Beautiful cave. Dive into the nature
• Excursions (90 minutes) Alpera Impressive Iberian village carved into the rock.
• Excursions (60 minutes) Ayora. Castle and old neighborhood. Honey Cooperative
Buñol (in Valencian Bunyol) is a municipality of the Valencian Community, located in the interior of the province of Valencia, in the region of the Hoya de Buñol. It is located at an altitude of 441 meters above sea level and its population was 9618 inhabitants in 2016
There is evidence of settlement in the area since the Paleolithic, although the urban center dates from the Muslim era and emerged around the castle. Buñol and his entire region joined the Kingdom of Valencia in the mid-thirteenth century during the conquest of Valencia. The expulsion of the “Moros” (1609) was a serious demographic and economic breakdown.The arrival of the railroad in 1887 strengthened the paper industry, which in the last third of the nineteenth century reached twelve factories, with diversified production and good machinery. Industrialization has remained strong in Buñol; in the seventies of the twentieth century, the primary sector barely accounted for 5% of the active population, compared to 75% of the industry, although the industrial percentage has recently declined in favor of the services sector, the buñolense industry is still strong.
The town retains an important architectural heritage, which includes the castle, the church of San Pedro, the hermitage of San Luis Beltrán and several sales from the 17th century onwards. The best known event is La Tomatina, a festival declared of international tourist interest in 2002; several musical events are also celebrated and, as in many other Valencian towns, fallas.
What to do in Buñol:
• Cueva Turche
• Medieval Castle de Buñol with the Archeological museum and Main Square.
• Hiking.- Natural Bridge of Carcalín Buñol.
Dos Aguas / Cortes de Pallás
What to do in Dos Aguas / Cortes de Pallás:
• Río Magro. Sierra Dos Aguas.
• Cortes de Pallás. Orangery Reservoir. Chirel Castle.
• Cortes de Pallás excursion. (30 minutes). Impressive BOAT CROSSING through the Júcar Gorges between Cortes de Pallás and Cofrentes.
What to do in Valencia:
• Albufera de Valencia // Playas Excursions
• Golf resort “El Bosque”.
• Visit Circuit Ricardo Tormo de Cheste.
• Visit Valencia Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias / Oceanográfico.